Banana Muffins




I have owned this Scones, Muffins and Teatime Treats by Family Circle for the longest time. I would think that this is probably my first cookbook I have ever bought. The pages are yellow and well-thumbed, however not from cooking from it, but reading the recipes over and over again (remember that this is my first cookbook and probably exhibiting signs of a budding cookbook addict!).

So far I have only made a few of the recipes in it and this Banana Muffins is by far the best! I make it countless times and still in love with it. At times instead of making muffins, I would baking it in a loaf pan and slice it. I bought the paper cups from a SKP shop, perhaps due to my lack of skills in portioning the batter, somehow the muffins turned out loop-sided. *Sigh*

Anyway, here is a cross section of the muffin.


*****************************************

Banana Muffins

(Adapted from Family Circle's Scones, Muffins and Teatime Treats)

*****************************************

3 cups self raising flour

3/4 cup sugar

60 gm butter, melted

3/4 cup milk

2 eggs, lightly beaten

3/4 tsp vanilla extract

3 medium ripe bananas, mashed

1. Preheat oven to 190 degC.

2. Combine flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix evenly. Make a well in the centre.

3. Combine the rest of the in the well in the mixing bowl. Stir to mix. Stop mixing when no visible traces of flour is seen. Do not overmix, as batter should still be lumpy.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins or till tops are golden.

Comments

  1. Rene, lovely muffins you have there, love the soft and moist interior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey rene, i just bought this book too! havent put into good use tho' :p

    your muffins look great! i love anything with bananas. and i like the way you cut the muffin into half. i always make a mess, thats why i don't really take photos of "innards" (cross sections).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evan, thanks! I love the scone recipes from the book too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment