Mac & Cheese


Inspired by Evan's Mac & Cheese , this is my version adapted from Good Housekepping Illustrated Cookbook. My first attempt at making this dish was at least 2 or 3 years ago, which was a complete disaster! After that, the only Mac & Cheese I ever eaten were from either Seah Street Deli's or Kenny Roger's. I was quite upset about the failed Mac & Cheese since the recipe is from Allrecipes.com, a site which I trust (or should I say trusted) implicitly. Well, maybe something just didn't work out then.

Anyway, Good Housekeeping's rendition is good enough, but perhaps I ought to have invested in a better cheese (maybe say Kraft's Velveeta?). Instead of using butter to saute the onions, I substituted it with drippings from my roast chicken previously and it gives an added flavour to it. If I am ever to make it again, I would perhaps add cubed ham or bacon bits to it to satisfy our carnivorus tastes! (^.^)

Comments

  1. hi rene, your mac & cheese looks really awesome!!! glad your recipe from good housekeeping turned out well =) any recipe to share?

    btw, i'm a fan of that mag too. its a really great mag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evan,

    Thanks! The only reason I was reluctant to post the recipe up is that I am not sure if it would taste good if you follow the recipe to a T. As I explained, I substituted butter with chicken drippings and I would think that it might taste plain otherwise.

    If you are still interested to have the recipe, let me know, I will email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh rene, for one moment, i almost read chicken drippings to chicken 'droppings' lol. that explains why there was this rumor going on that KFC's whipped potato uses chicken droppings hee hee.

    its ok. i think i won't be doing any mac & cheese for the time being. just wanna keep the recipe for reference thats all. i'll let u know when i want it ya? thx dear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment