Tandoori Chicken


This is my version of Betty Saw's tandoori chicken sans the red food colouring. I love spicies and I love anything that is spicy. The only reason why I haven't attempted this earlier is because the marinate calls for DIY Garam Marsala, which is a mayriad of aromatic ground spices. (More info on Garam Marsala here.) It would have been easier if I had bought it off the shelf, but I thought it would be more fun if I try my hand at it. Then the procastinating monster took over. Thank goodness I managed to kick the monster off in the b**t and here's my tandoor chicken (finally!).

As a side note, I have been searching for a Betty Saw Fan Club or something equivalent. As I have been trying out quite a few of her recipes, I wonder if there are anyone out there trying her recipes too and perhaps we could share experiences. Something similar to this site Joyful Cooking. The author of the blog cooks mainly from the book Joy of Cooking and shares her experiences. I would have love to join her, but that would be too much ang-moh food for Hubby. *Sigh* So if you guys do see anything, do drop me a line please.

Comments

  1. A project like Joyfulcooking is a ton of fun; I encourage you to pick a cookbook and have at it! I think doing it as a group would be really fun, too. If you ever want to be a guest chef and try a joy of cooking recipe, please contact me at joyfulcooking@gmail.com. Happy cooking! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara, Thanks! I have tried only a handful of Joy's recipe and they are all wonderful so far! If I do cook from Joy again, I will drop you a line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment