Main Course Salads: Grilled Ribeye Steak Salad



I made this salad the other day.

The good news is that we love having steak and salad in one plate. It packs more fibre and colours than the usual steak and potatoes combo.

The bad news is that there is no recipe to share cos I just toss together the odds and ends I found in my fridge.

But ... I will not leave you out cold without a recipe. Actually, I had my inspiration of making a grilled steak salad from The Pioneer Woman's Big Steak Salad. Head over and drool at her photos.



I grilled 2 slabs of ribeye steaks seasoned with Cajun Seasoning and I could have eaten them hot off the grill while standing in the kitchen. The anticipation that built up while dicing them up for the salad was almost unbearable. I did snitch a bite though.

The salad was dressed with my usual dipping sauce for Vietnamese Rice-Paper Roll. This is my favourite sauce for something salty and spicy. However, do note the high salt content in the fish sauce. Dressings are usual the black sheep of an otherwise healthy salad.

Comments